TERMS & CONDITIONS
This User Agreement is an agreement between the customer (sometimes referred to as “you” and all relative pronouns) and Delivered (sometimes referred to as “we,” “our,” and all relative pronouns). By signing up for Delivered, you consent to this Agreement and all other rules – including but not limited to any of those outlined within the following sections and subsections. You also agree you won’t misuse our service for any prohibited, immoral, and/or unlawful purposes. If you break any laws, rules, or regulations, we reserve the right to suspend or delete your account at will. The following is a general outline of your responsibilities as a Delivered user:
When you register, we only require basic information; however, we will need more detailed information later. You must be at least 18 years of age to use our service.
You cannot – under any circumstances – transfer your account information to another account. Likewise, packages cannot be transferred to a different account unless it will correct an error we made.
By using our website, you agree with and subject to all applicable local, state, national, and international laws and regulations (including – but not limited to – all South Korean postal regulations, and all regulations set by foreign jurisdictions and postal couriers).
It is your responsibility to keep your password secure, avoiding improper account access or use by others. Please contact us directy if you suspect an unauthorized use of your account or security breach.
Canceling Your Account:
You can cancel your account at any time as long as you don’t have any outstanding transactions, parcels in transit, etc.
In order to ensure your safety, you may need to verify your information. Information we may ask for includes legal documentation such as a driver’s license, passport, and/or other forms of identification.
Your Account Balance:
Your account balance acts as digital currency, and can be used for any transaction within our website. Please note: we will never add or remove money without your permission, unless the balance in question is connected to unlawful or immoral activity. Depending upon the nature of the situation, we may choose to exercise refunds or service promotions through an account balance instead of directly returning the funds to the source.
Unsuitable Purchases/Prohibited Items:
- By using our service, you agree to abide by guidelines that deem certain goods unacceptable (and thus unshippable). Goods can be unshippable if: they are classified as hazardous, dangerous, prohibited, or restricted by IATA (International Air Transport Association), ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), or any other relevant organization; or we can’t safely or legally ship them. If we receive products we can’t ship, we will reach out to you. We have the right to refuse any product we feel is unsuitable to ship, even if it is legal.
- If an “unsuitable purchase” makes it through our receiving process, this does not necessary mean we can ship it. There will be several options provided to you: to dispose a package, to return it to a store, etc. Even if you pay for shipping, we may need to void the transaction. We do not accept responsibility for these items. If your goods are seized or confiscated, we are not required to offer a refund or compensate you in any way. Prohibited items differ from country to country. These goods include (but aren’t limited to) the items listed here.
We reserve the right to change our functions, processes, and fees as we see fit (we will notify you of any changes). The following is a general outline of Delivered’s service offerings, our relative responsibilities, and your responsibilities related to using these services:
- Packages, Parcels, and mail sent to us without a “My Incoming Package Form” (aka ASN) will receive a $0.50 receiving fee. Submissions with false or incorrect tracking numbers will incur the fee. Honest mistakes or issues will be forgiven.
- Upon receiving your package, we gather all info necessary to accurately identify and ship your products. If needed, we will physically open and inspect the package. We can receive “oversized” packages, although certain fees may apply. An oversized packaged is defined as a parcel with any single dimension greater than 120 cm, and a total weight greater than or equal to 65 kg.
- We do not take responsibility if the received items do not match what you ordered, but we are more than happy to help rectify the situation. Likewise, a package is not our responsibility until it is received by our warehouse staff. If it is lost in transit to our facility, there is nothing we can do. Please take any relevant issues up with the retailer, sender, or carrier.
- Any accessorial information such as, invoices, advertisements, return shipping labels, or other loose documentation received with the package will remain with the package until shipping is requested. Upon completion of a shipping request, all accessorial information will be disposed of.
- Packages we receive may be removed from the original parcel after inspection. If you would like to keep the original parcel, you must fill out an incoming package form.
- All scanned copies of invoices or other documents will be sent via email. A $0.50 fee will be applied to a package on shipping, if it had documents that were scanned.
We cannot receive mail.
We will store your package(s) for free up to 90 days. After 90 days, your package will cost $8 more to ship. After 120 days we will liquidate the contents. The storage limit is cumulative and applies to consolidated packages as well. The 90-day and 120-day cycles do not reset after repackaging your products
If you request a repack, we will consolidate all of the selected packages’ contents into one box to save space (and shipping costs). We typically remove all supplemental information – packing slips, extra packaging, etc. After a repack has been completed, any additional repack requests will be denied.
- After you pay for the shipping costs, we will ship your package(s) to you. Although we offer a variety of Express, Priority, and Standard shipping options, we reserve the right to add, change, or remove any available courier service at any time.
- If for some reason your chosen service cannot be used, we will try to use a comparable solution from a different carrier (if we can’t find a similar option, we will contact you). Any discounts incurred as a result of using another carrier will be passed along to you in the form of an account credit. If the price exceeds what you paid, Delivered will cover the difference.
We are able to change your address, even after the label is printed and applied to the package. Likewise, if a package has already been shipped, we can contact the carrier to update an address (but a fee may apply). If the address change is rooted in an error by a Delivered associate, we will cover any address change fee.
Shipping Cost Estimation - Shipping Calculator:
- We offer a shipping rate estimator for your convenience. Entering your location will provide an estimated shipping cost.
- The results are only an estimate; we won’t know the true cost until the package is in our warehouse (actual weights/dimensions often differ from those given by retailers or incoming carriers). The shipping fees do not include customs duties, taxes, or other charges incurred by importing goods – these are levied by carriers and/or your country’s customs department.
- The shipping cost is based on a comparison of actual weight and DIM/volumetric weight. DIM weight is a calculation carriers use to determine if they should charge for a package’s weight, or its size. The greater number becomes the “billable weight.” To calculate DIM weight, use: (LxWxH)/dimensional factor (provided by a carrier).
- We reserve the right to update the shipping calculator as needed. This includes both updating costs and adding new features. As we build more features and services into the website we will add these onto the shipping calculator, allowing you to better estimate how much you will pay for all services, not just shipping.
Concierge Shopping Service - Buy For Me:
If you are unable to complete a transaction, we can purchase products on your behalf. Please note: there are fees associated with this, including a transaction fee and an order handling fee. We do not purchase the products until after you pay.
Insurance & Claims - Damage, Loss, etc.:
- With the exception of K-Post (Local Post), all outgoing shipments are automatically insured. The amount reimbursed depends on the designated carrier’s policy. You have the opportunity to purchase additional insurance; the exact costs vary based on the carrier. If your package was shipped with an Express service, you must file a claim no later than 30 days after the ship date.
- If a package – or item – is lost or damaged within our facility, we will work with you to recover the full cost (and we assume full responsibility unless we can disprove fault).
- If an incoming shipment appears to be damaged, we will notify you right away. This is something you will have to work out with the carrier and/or sender, although we will help however we can.
Returns and Exchanges:
- If a product is still in our warehouse, we are willing to help you return it to the retailer (but we require you to investigate the seller’s returns procedure on your own). Any returns processed from our warehouse will incur a $10 return handling fee, if a return shipping label is not provided by the retailer, you will incur additional shipping costs. In the case of a Buy For Me, you may incur an additional restocking fee, depending upon the retailer’s policies.
- Once merchandise is shipped from our warehouse, you will need to complete the return process independently or ship the package back to us, and we will help as outlined in the above paragraph.
Upon request, we can take pictures of your packages’ contents. If you’d like photos of something specific, please let us know. Fees will apply at a rate of $1 per product photo.
Our customer support team can help with any problems you may have regarding your packages, items, shipments, etc. We will typically respond within a 48-hour window, unless your inquiry is submitted over the weekend or on Friday (due to time difference). We can be reached at email@example.com
By signing up for – and using – Delivered, you acknowledge you will abide by the following guidelines as they relate to any legal or moral issues that may arise:
You agree to not take any legal action against us that relates to (or arises out of) our services without first: sending us – via registered mail or a national overnight courier service – a written description of the facts and laws relative to the issue; and attempting to work towards a resolution with us for no less than 40 days. Any disagreements shall be governed by the Republic of Korea.
You agree you are liable (and indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Delivered – and its shareholders, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, and independent contractors) for any and all claims, actions, damages, awards, liabilities, losses (including consequential losses), judgments, interest, fines, penalties, expenses, attorney charges, court fees, and/or other costs arising from: any omission, neglect, inaccuracy, etc., on your part; our preparation, determination, or execution of documents, including airway bills or any other document necessary for transport, except for claims arising solely from the gross neglect or willful misconduct of Delivered; you providing any false or inaccurate information or documentation; your failure to comply with the terms of any laws applicable to the exportation or importation of shipments.
Limitation of Liability:
- Delivered is not liable for any lost profits or damages in connection to our services, affiliate companies/partners (including carriers), or this Agreement. If you do not purchase shipment insurance, under no circumstances are we, or our vendors, responsible for more than $100 worth of the shipment’s value. Additionally, we are not responsible for packages that are damaged in transit to your Korean address. We’ll let you know if damaged goods arrive here. Unless we purchased the product(s) via a Buy for Me order, you must contact the merchant directly.
- All claims for damage or loss of goods that were handled in our facility (and serviced through our shipping methods) must be made within 3 days of the delivery date. After 3 days, we are absolved of any liability.
- We are not responsible for any penalties, losses, or damages incurred due to your goods (or relative documents) being impounded by customs or other authorities.
Disclaimer of Warranties:
We provide a web-based service on an “as is” and “as available” basis. We reserve the right to suspend our services at any time.
Delivered, its logos, and its designs are trademarks with registrations granted or pending in several countries. Using our website does not grant you a license to use any of our trademarks. These may not be copied, downloaded, reproduced, used, modified, or distributed in any way without our written permission.
Appointment of Delivered as Customer's Agent:
You appoint Delivered as an agent – regarding performance of customs clearance and preparation of shipping documents – with full power of attorney to the extent allowed by law. We may need to prepare (on your behalf) a Certificate of Origin for goods manufactured and originating within South Korea, and/or a Shipper’s Export Declaration (S.E.D.). You are responsible for any fees associated with these forms.
Import/Export Compliance - Customs Declarations and Values:
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that a product’s value is correct within our website. It is mutually agreed upon that you are able to alter a product’s customs value; this feature exists so you can accurately display the value (which is not necessarily the retail cost). We are responsible for complying with all applicable Korean export laws, rules, and regulations. As the owner of the shipped goods, you are responsible for following your country’s import laws. You agree to provide all information for any documentation needed to comply with any applicable import/export-related laws, rules, and/or regulations.
Verifying Your Identity:
Upon request, we may need you to verify your information. This helps prevent fraud. To achieve this: we may need you to verify your identity and payment information; we reserve the right to refuse placing orders or to withhold shipments until everything has been verified; we do not accept checks or cash mailed to our facility; and we may investigate your account activity, suspending or banning your usage if necessary.
If you are suspected of fraud – either by us, or an outside party – we reserve the right to protect ourselves from knowingly aiding fraudulent activity. If this happens, we may: hold any items in our warehouse until you can prove you purchased them legally; temporarily or permanently suspend your account; or perform any other action we deem necessary, with or without your permission.
We have precautions in place to ensure no virus, malware, Trojan, etc. will infect our website. However, if a situation like this occurs, we’ll promptly notify you via email and/or social media channels.
Forces Outside of Our Control:
We are not responsible for any loss or damage due to circumstances beyond our control. These include, but aren’t limited to: natural disasters (or “acts of God”) such as fires, hurricanes, floods, storms, fog; “Force Majeure” such as embargo, plane crashes, wars, civil commotions, riots; and electrical or magnetic damage to – or erasure of – electronic or photographic images, data, or recordings.
Retailers Who Don't Ship to Freight Forwarders:
Unfortunately, some retailers choose not to ship to freight forwarders. Although nothing about our operation is illegal, it is their right to refuse sending their products. If you’d like to purchase products from them, please contact us and we’ll try to help.
Reviews and Testimonials:
If you’d like to provide an honest review of our services, feel free to do so. With your permission, we may feature your review on our website or within promotional materials. We will never include your private information without your consent.
Modification of Services:
We reserve the right to modify, terminate, or adjust these Terms and Conditions as we see fit. Should this occur, we will update our users.
Shipping Carrier Annual Price Increases and Fluctuations:
It is customary in the shipping industry to increase prices annually. We reserve the right to pass these increases onto our customers as they are completely out of our control. Additionally, throughout the year there are fuel surcharge fluctuations that vary from month-to-month and will be passed on accordingly.
If you have any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions regarding ways we can improve our service – and your experience – feel free to let us know. Ultimately, we’ll make changes that will benefit all or most of our users.